Monday, June 4, 2007

not a post about drinking

Just a bit of randomness from me.

I have 8 days of school left. And then it's SUMMER VACATION!!! One of the ultimate perks of teaching. I'm actually not working this summer. This is the first time in about 6 years that I haven't worked or taken a class over the summer. The freedom will be nice.

The trip to Australia is getting closer. I'm nowhere near ready. I started making a packing list tonight. The most difficult decision is how many books to bring. And which ones. We'll be doing a lot of flying, and reading is a good way to pass the time. We come back the day after the new Harry Potter is released. I'm hoping it'll be on sale at the airport, so I can buy it before I leave and read it on the flight home.

I've been thinking about music lately. I wanted to go see the 40th anniversary tribute to Sgt. Pepper at the WCL tomorrow, but it's sold out. Well, it's actually free, so it's rsvp-ed out. Damnit. That pisses me off. Anyway, Ike is playing soon, and I wanna go see them, so if you're going (or if you wanna go), drop me a line. I need a music fix. One of my friends and co-workers has tickets to see Pink Martini this month and she asked me to go with her. I borrowed all 3 of their CDs from her and I'm hooked. Go check them out. They're way cool. And of course, Heather and I have tickets to see The Fray and OK Go at the end of the month. Wooo-hoooo!!!

Speaking of music, I was listening to my mp3 player on the way home today and I got to thinking about an article that our college newspaper once ran. They asked readers to send their list of top ten CDs that they would want with them if they were stranded on a deserted island. I sent mine in and it got printed... but I can only remember some of the CDs that I listed. I'm going to post them here soon, but first I wanted to pose the question to you, dear readers... which CDs would make your top ten?

No comments:

Post a Comment