Thursday, June 28, 2007

smack down!

Last night I went to karaoke at the Roadhouse (dive bar!) with Karen, Rich, Heather, James, Gabby and Sarah. I had planned to post about the bar experience, but Karen beat me to it. It was complete soap opera-esque drama, but it made karaoke night a million times more enjoyable than it should have been. For those of you who don't read Karen's blog, here's a very long story in condensed form:

Rich's friend James is dating/hooking up with a girl named Gabby. A guy at the bar saw Rich and introduced himself as Justin, and asked if Gabby was coming. We asked if he knew Gabby and he said he'd been dating her for over a year. Oh SHIT. James and Gabby show up, Justin drags Gabby off for long drawn-out conversations, Justin confronts James, security gets involved, drama ensues. But no fight, much to my dismay. Justin gets up to sing and dedicates the song to Gabby... "Shameless," by Garth Brooks. Classic. Is it wrong that I totally enjoyed every minute of the drama? Openly? Karen and I didn't even bother to conceal our glee when the heated arguments took place right in front of us.

Anyway, aside from that drama, karaoke night was uneventful.

I've been going to Chestnut Hill College for teacher workshops all week, but today I decided to play hooky. I didn't get much sleep last night, and I couldn't bear the thought of dealing with turnpike traffic on 3 hours of sleep. Of course, I was halfway through my shower when I came to that conclusion. So I finished my shower, put my pajamas back on, and got back in bed. And slept for four more hours. It was glorious.

Today wound up being a nice relaxing day. I met Karen and Sam for coffee at Starbucks, where we discussed men (they suck) and plans for an upcoming party. Then I FINALLY got to Target to do some trip shopping. Let me just confess something now, so I can get it off my chest: I am a Target-oholic. If such a thing exists. I went in with a list, but wound up buying several things that I didn't need. For example, "Hope Floats" on DVD for $5.50. It called my name. Harry Connick, Jr. in tight jeans for under $6? The price is right, baby.

I also wandered into the book aisle. Big, big mistake. Books are like candy to me. I'm addicted. I have a pile of books upstairs that I still haven't read. At least fifteen of them. And I felt the need to buy five more. Sigh. I'm also a book-oholic.

And speaking of books, Erin (and Mike and Henry) stopped by yesterday to drop off a book for me to borrow. It was Tasha's first encounter with a baby, and she was extremely confused by Henry. She spent several minutes dancing around the sofa, trying to get a better look at him, sniffing his car seat and diaper bag, and cocking her head in his direction every time he made a cute little noise. I think she was looking for Leo... and clearly, Henry wasn't an acceptable substitute.

Okay, gotta go get my laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment