Sunday, September 18, 2005

adventures in the acme

I was helping my mother shop for groceries this afternoon. Amid the old ladies and young mothers with screaming kids, there was an extremely attractive man shopping alone, sans wedding ring (hey, when you're 27 and single, you look for these things). Saw him a few times, darting in and out of aisles, looking kind of lost.

My mother and I were picking out pasta, when Hot Guy came down the aisle. My allergies had been awful all morning, and I was in the middle of a sneezing fit, tissue at my nose, when Hot Guy walked over to us, and asked MY MOTHER to help him find the right kind of olives for martinis.

So my mother got to go talk to Hot Guy while I blew my nose. Damnit.

And that, dear friends, is the story of my life.

In other news, it's Saturday night and I'm sitting at home. I wanna go out, but no one seems to be around. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment