Monday, September 5, 2005

Four weddings and a funeral.

Or more like one wedding and a luau.

Doug, Christina & I went to my cousin's wedding last night, and then headed straight to the luau afterward. I was pretty excited about finally getting to go "down the house" for a party. Drinks! Band! People! Food! Etc! So I was really bummed when we got there (before midnight) and discovered that the party was over. What the hell? From what I understand, these parties usually run a lot later. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but it was a buzz kill.

Doug & I tried to re-route the party (or a portion of it, anyway) back to our house, but thanks to some drama and a few sour moods, it was just a small group of us. No matter. We had a blast. (And alcohol. Can't forget the alcohol.) We had our own acoustic sing-along 'til 4 AM... followed by the requisite trip to GA for a late-night/early-morning snack. I went to bed at 6 AM. Beautiful.

Funny how plans can change so quickly - after the luau broke up, I thought for sure that the night would be a bust, but it turned out to be a damn good time.

Some choice quotes from last night...

At the Luau
Me: What are you drinking?
Christina: Ugh... just water...
(approximately two seconds later, at bar)
Christina (to bartender): Can I get a vodka tonic?

At My House
Me: Here's some vodka - it was in the freezer.
Dan (apparently channeling Paris Hilton): That's hot!
Me (drunk and confused): No, no... see? It's cold.

Everywhere
Ray: We have two rules. One: Rock! Two: Find more places to rock!
(repeated several times throughout the evening.)

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment