Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Beeeeeeach. (Shhh...it's a secret.)

I have a secret beach. I refuse to reveal the name, but if you figure it out, more power to you. Just keep it to yourself, please. 
   
I discovered this beach last summer when I was looking for a quiet place to go for a solo vacation. A co-worker recommended this place... it's a quiet little beach town, about 1 hour from me. No commercial boardwalk, no rides or waterparks, no tram cars or fudgie wudgie carts. Now don't get me wrong. I used to love the Wildwood scene. When we were kids, my parents would take me and Doug there for vacation. We loved the lights and the funnel cake and the Mac's pizza and the arcades. And then (many years later), it was a great place to go with friends... cram into one crappy little motel room and drink all night. Followed by a $3 boardwalk breakfast, of course :) 
  
So back to my secret beach. After my vacation last year, I decided that this beach was THE perfect place for a day trip. It's a pay beach, but it's worth the $8. Especially since it's a 1 hour drive and it's nowhere near the traffic of the other beaches. Last Friday the weather was incredible. I NEEDED the beach. It called to me. So I went for the day. And it was perfect. I took Joe with me, but I told him that if he told anyone where it is, I'd have to kill him. So far, he hasn't talked. :) Well, words don't do it justice... I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
  
   
   
   
   
   
It's a beautiful place. I think I'll need to go again. And soon. Like maybe this Friday ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment