Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gettin' busy.

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
- Dale Carnegie

My social calendar for January is rapidly filling. What I like about it is that I have different types of events planned with different types of people. Instead of sticking to the same old thing, I'm branching out as much as I can. So when I came across this quote on a blog I read, I thought it was perfect for me.

In the coming weeks, I'll be going to a post-Christmas martini party, a performance of Mozart's "Requiem," a swap party (a great way to declutter!), game night, a book club meeting, a Blackthorn concert (hopefully), and dinner at a restaurant during Restaurant Week! (That last one is something that has been on my to-do list for ages, so I'm pretty excited!) Oh, and I'm hosting a Tastefully Simple party.

So yeah... I think Dale Carnegie would be proud ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to call Ryan yet, I've been so swamped with grading papers that I keep forgetting to call at lunch. Damn end of the marking period!

    Sam and I are definitly going to Blackthorn, and I plan on getting totally hammered and dancing my ass off. When we went before, they only had beer, which I don't really like, but you are allowed to BYOB so I think I'll be doing that.

    I really want to see about getting a table though. When we went last time, More than half the tables had been "bought" in advance and it was hard to find seating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I think we should bring green jello shots... in honor of Blackthorn's Irish music :) How exactly do you go about getting tickets and/or tables? Do you want me to call tomorrow and get tix for everyone? I know Sam wants to go. I don't think Chrissy can make it, though.

    ReplyDelete