Thursday, August 18, 2005

Inspiration, and the lack thereof

I wish I had something inspiring to write about.

For that matter, I wish I did something inspiring, so that I would have something inspiring to write about.

And while I'm at it... I wish I could do, think and say something inspiring every day.

And then everyone would want to be around me in the hopes that they, too, would be inspired to be inspiring every day.

I used to write more. Letters. Poems. Journals. Things that meant something to someone. Now I write lesson plans. And emails. And occasionally I sign a birthday card.

To be honest, my lesson plans are sometimes inspiring. But not in the same way that my poems were inspiring. I haven't been that inspired in over a year. What was different a year ago? Where did the inspiration go?

I wasn't inspired when I wrote this. I was tired. I'm tired of not being inspired.

And now you must be tired of reading "inspired."

No comments:

Post a Comment