Wednesday, August 17, 2005

playing God (and other tales)

My brother gave me his Sims disk to put on my computer. He said he thinks I'd get a kick out of it. And damnit, he's right. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's so entertaining about telling little computer people what to do. Is it the power? The control? The fact that I'm so bored that watching paint dry seems like it'd be fun? (Probably that last one.)

I had a Susie Homemaker kinda day. Cleaned the bathroom, did the dishes, walked the dog, made dinner, did more dishes, sewed the hem on the sleeve of my favorite green shirt. I'm especially excited about the shirt. It started unraveling in the wash last summer, and I finally got around to fixing it. But... go me! I can sew!

So here's the problem - I have nothing to write about, as is evidenced by my last few (or all) posts. Once I go back to work, I'll be chock full of amusing anecdotes and scintilating stories. Of course, I'll be too busy to blog about them.

Oh, wait - here's a fun topic. My friend is on eHarmony now. Paying way too much money to do something she can do at pretty much any bar/coffee shop/bookstore/laundromat. But her twin sister recently got married and had a baby, so she's feeling old-maidish. Anywho, she's trying to convince me to do the whole online thing, too. I told her I don't have the time or money necessary to get into that kinda thing. But it seems like more and more people are going that route lately. My best friend even met her husband on the Internet. I just think it kinda forces the issue. Meeting Mr. Right is something that's supposed to just happen, you know? But as my friend so shrewdly pointed out, "What if it doesn't 'just happen' on it's own?" I dunno... she might have a point. But for right now, I'm saving my money and keeping my fairy tale. Sue me for being old-fashioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment