Monday, August 29, 2005

the weekend FLEW

I had a surprisingly good weekend. I went to two parties - Karen's BBQ on Saturday, and a birthday thing at a bar on Sunday (for James, the guy who took pics at the last Bistro show). Karen's party was a fun time, even though my attendance was cut quite short by my brother's girlfriend's malfunctioning digestive system. But we did manage to squeeze in a good old fashioned acoustic sing-along before we left! I live for the sing-along parties! I could do that every weekend. (Seriously. Let's do it every weekend.) Tom & Doug played Weeze and Foo and Banditos (whoo-hoo!) among others, and the rest of us sang along. Some of us more than others. Although I did urge certain people to sing more (cough*Tom*cough).

So... Hmmm... I guess all can be revealed on the blog, right? Blogs just make people share things. So I'll share. It was kind of weird to be at a party at Karen's parent's house... I haven't been there in years. It was also a little strange to be hanging out with people I haven't really talked to in years. Outside of an In Theory show, I mean. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I don't think I expected anyone to make me feel uncomfortable, but ... I guess I just wasn't sure what to expect. But it was all good. Sometimes burning bridges is a good thing. Other times it's better to keep them intact. You never know, right?

Well, it's late, and I'm trying to get back on work schedule. School starts next week, and I'm FAR from ready to go back to work. 'Night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment