Tuesday, October 25, 2005

no habla espanol (yet)

I am currently indulging in one of my guilty pleasures: Sweet & Salty Honey Nut Chex Mix. It is the SHIT. Any combination of salt and sweet and crunch is a good one.
Long day today. Work, home, walk dog, dinner, class (including midterm and sitting through a presentation). And it's only Tuesday.

I need to learn Spanish. My four years of high school French turned out to be pretty much useless in the real world (and that includes my trip to Paris, where everyone spoke English). Spanish is kinda similar to French. I can't speak it well, but I can usually understand enough to pick up on a conversation.

One of my first graders (who is fluent in both English and Spanish) gets a real kick out of saying "gracias" to me every chance she gets, just so she can hear me say "de nada!" Today she said to me, "You speak Dora Spanish!" I'm not sure if she meant I speak Spanish just like Dora... or that I only know the "easy words" that Dora teaches on her show. She didn't elaborate.

So I have to find someplace that offers Spanish lessons that are relatively inexpensive. It'd come in handy during parent conferences, and it would look sweet on a resume.

I guess that's it for now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment