Sunday, October 2, 2005

the non-party becomes a party (sort of)

I tried (well, actually, Doug & I tried) to throw together a very last minute non-party, since AC was cancelled (still pissed about that, btw), and of course it was so last minute that no one could come. Or else there were some extenuating circumstances that prevented them from coming. In any event, the non-party idea was shelved. Instead, three-fifths of ...In Theory sat on the back porch working on some tunes while I graded papers & downloaded music in the living room. There may not have been a party, but by God, there was onion dip. (I thought it might help recapture the party atmosphere that I had so desperately wanted. Dip does miraculous things, you know...)

Then practice ended and the real fun started. First - we hopped in the car (listening to Jealousy Curve - way cool) for a dinner trip to GA. Always a good time. That was followed by an amusing drive (listening to Jimi Hendrix) to wherever our whim dictated (turned out to be South Street). Walked South Street, hit a few record stores, bought some music (for me... Amos Lee and Death Cab for Cutie). Back in the car (listening to Dr. Dog) for another trip to GA, this time for drinks. We sat in the same section, had the same waiter. Since we only ordered water, soda and coffee, he didn't charge us. We left a substantial tip. (He is the MAN!) Next, back to the house to watch "Old School," at the insistence of Doug and Ray, because Dan and I hadn't seen it. Damn funny movie.

So... Definitely not the evening that I had in mind, but it turned out to be a great time. The non-party became a mobile party, and a good one at that. Those guys can hang!

And now... back to work. I've got lesson plans to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment