Saturday, October 29, 2005

TGIF? Not really.

Damn stomach flu is going around school. One kid threw up last Friday. This week, I had one out Monday and Tuesday, one out Thursday, and one out Friday. Plus two of my kids threw up in school on Friday (not in my classroom, thank God) and had to be sent home.

I left on Friday feeling mentally and physically exhausted. But not sick. Then I made the mistake of going to our 8th grade teacher’s house for happy hour. She had all sorts of yummy snacks out: cheese and crackers, tortillas and salsa, veggie tray. She gave us a choice of cerveza or homemade pina coladas. She served taquitos (beef and chicken). I had three pina coladas (two with alcohol, one virgin) and a shot of passion fruit rum. I munched on a lot of veggies and chips, as well as a few taquitos (YUM).

I got caught in some crazy traffic going home, so I got bored and sent Erin several text messages about Karen’s party that night. Finally got home, checked my email, found the party info on myspace, and sat down on the sofa to relax. That’s when I fell asleep. I woke up two hours later feeling like complete shit. Blech. I briefly debated going to the party, then realized that it was already 8:20, I didn’t have anything to wear (costume or otherwise), I still needed to shower, and I didn’t have the energy to pick my head up off the sofa. I wound up going back to bed at 10:30. On a Friday night. Damnit. How pathetic is that?

And of course I feel fine today. It’s 9:30 and I’m bored as hell. If there was a party tonight, I’d be good to go.

Stupid long week. Stupid sick kids.

At least this week will be better. Work Monday, off Tuesday (All Saint’s Day!), work Wednesday and Thursday, out Friday (personal day – wedding in NY). And Monday I get to do fun Halloween-y things with the kids, which means I don’t need to have “real” lesson plans for that day.

Ooh, and I don’t have my grad school class this week, because of Fall Break. AND… Doug & I are going to see Ben Folds on Wednesday! Whoo-hoo!

Okay. That’s enough blogging for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment