Friday, October 14, 2005

Weezer & Foo

Well, what can I say? I expected rock, and I got it. I can sum up the entire night in 4 words: Best. Fucking. Concert. Ever. (EVER.) I've been to a lot of kick-ass concerts, but none of them have ever rocked as hard as last night's show.

Doug & I were supposed to pick up Pat & Tina by 5:30, but I got stuck at work and we didn't make it there until almost 6. We got to the concert & parked at the Linc near some of Pat's work friends. We decided to skip the opening act to have a few beers and watch the work friends get high on various substances. Ahem.

So anyway, we made it in just in time for Weezer's first song, after stopping for another beer (which I drank through a straw - never done that before!). Our seats were nose-bleed, but at least we had a good view of the whole stage. Weezer was great! I've seen them 3 times before (not counting last night) and I always enjoy them. They mixed a lot of old school favorites (If I recall correctly, they played "Surf Wax America" and "My Name is Jonas"!) with some of the better new ones. All in all, they played an amazing show.

Then came Foo. Ah, Foo. I've never seen them live before, so I was really looking forward to it. I was not disappointed. They are SO GOOD live. Every song was awesome, the audience was insane, and Dave Grohl rocks my socks in a major way.

Doug & I were singing along, and I was hoarse by the third or fourth song. I don't know how that man does it night after night. (And on that note, mad props to Dan - I couldn't get through "Best of You" at all! My voice gave out about halfway through the song.) My favorites: "Breakout," "Hero," "In Your Honor," "Learn to Fly," and "This Is A Call." They ended the set with "Everlong," which started out acoustic, and then went into full-out rock by the last verse. Amazing. Their encore included (what else?) "Monkey Wrench," which just made my night complete.

Great show, awesome bands, good crowd, kick-ass rock. Best birthday present I've gotten in years. Thanks, Doug!

Tonight my Weekend O'Rock continues at Grape Street to see Jealousy Curve.

Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment