Thursday, August 10, 2006

bring on the rock

Must blog. It's late and I have to pack for the beach and I have to sleep (eventually) because I have to wake up early. But first - I have to blog.

So tonight I did the unthinkable. I cut class (*gasp*) and went to World Cafe Live to see a triad of fantastic bands.

Fooling April was first. AWESOME BAND. Very Ben-Folds-esque, very piano-y, very energetic. Loved every minute of it... in fact, I thought their set was way too short. I was so impressed with their music that I bought the CD. I will definitely go see them play again.

Jealousy Curve was next. What can I say? They rocked, as always. I haven't seen them in awhile, and I was psyched to get to see them tonight. I thought their set was very short, as well. One should never stop the rock. Unless it's to bring on more rock. Which leads me to...

Ike! Awesome show. They have a lot of fun music... good for dancing and singing along. I always enjoy seeing them live. I decided that owning just one Ike CD wasn't enough, so I bought their first one to add to my collection.

Then... just when we thought it was over... Ike brought out Fooling April to help them sing Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls." Wow. And THEN... they brought out Jealousy Curve, and all three bands did "Under Pressure." As I said to Ray, it was "epic." I don't think anything could've topped that.

A phenomenal evening all around.

And now I must go pack... tomorrow, on to Wildwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment